Wheat flour 1 cup
3 tablespoons unrefined sunflower oil
Baking powder ной teaspoon
Raisin to taste
Curagapo to taste
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS 40 MINUTES
- In 1/3 cup of hot water, dilute salt, oil and honey. You can boil the kettle and immediately pour water into a round glass bowl, in which then knead the dough. No need to wait for the water to cool, but you can immediately start cooking. Tip: do not immediately pour all the water and then do not pour all the flour at once, look at the consistency – from experience, the proportions in the recipe sometimes do not correspond to the ideal dish – we do everything “by eye”.
- Knead the dough on the resulting mixture, gradually pouring the sifted flour. If necessary, add more flour. Knead the dough for at least 15 minutes (this is important).
- Roll out the finished dough into a sausage (the thickness of the thumb is slightly thinner than the sausage) and cut it into not very large equal pieces (do not grind, you need room to fold the birds into knots).
- From each piece to mold a lark (just we knot a knot, from one end of which we make a head and decorate with raisins or dried apricots, and we flatten it like a ponytail and make feathers with a knife). We put in the oven preheated to 180 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes.
TIP FOR RECIPE
Thanks to Maxim Syrnikov, in whose book I read this ingenious version of larks. By tradition, larks are baked on March 22! The Syrnikov recipe does not indicate when to add the baking powder, but without this “chemistry” it turns out delicious.
This cookie is eaten swiftly. Tender, soft, mouth-watering and healthy. The taste is very dependent on apples, in my recipe I used juicy and sweet Pink Lady apples. Leave the dough for 15 minutes before baking, this will make the cookies soft. And for the sweetness, in addition to apples, raisins are responsible. If you want a sweeter cookie, then chocolate chips can be an alternative. I also added my favorite pecan, which I like for its pleasant sweet taste.
Wheat flour .67 cups
Lemon Juice90 ml
Lemon zest ½ piece
Dark raisins 2 tablespoons
Chopped pecans 1 tablespoon
Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon
Baking powder ½ teaspoon
Ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS 20 MINUTES
- Pour raisins with warm water and let it brew for 10-15 minutes. After draining the water and discard the raisins in a colander.
- Chop the nuts not too finely.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, baking powder, lemon zest and cinnamon.
How to prepare the zest
- Rub one whole apple on a fine grater in mashed potatoes, cut the half of the apple into cubes. Pour both parts with lemon juice.
- Mix applesauce with vegetable oil, honey (can be replaced with maple syrup or sugar). Add the resulting mixture to flour. Shuffle.
- Add raisins, apple cubes and nuts to the resulting dough. Stir and leave the dough for 15 minutes. It should not be dry, but not liquid.
- At this time, turn on the oven 180 degrees.
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper, grease with vegetable oil.
- Put the dough into a teaspoon, form a ball with your hands and squeeze a little. Place the baking tray with cookies in the oven for 10-15 minutes (it took me 12) until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool after a bit, put on a plate.
Oatmeal 400 g
Dried fruits 150 g
Vegetable oil100 ml
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS 45 MINUTES
- Grind any nuts of your choice, you can chop half and leave the whole whole (I took cashews, sunflower seeds and flaxseed).
- Cut your favorite dried fruits into small pieces (I took dried pears, paradise apples and dried apricots)
- Mix flakes, nuts and dried fruits.
- Honey, if it is thick, pre-melt in a water bath. Mix with vegetable oil (I have a mixture of cocoa butter and extra virgin olive oil).
- Pour the oil-honey composition into the flakes, mix thoroughly. Put the granola on a baking sheet, level it with an even layer and send it to the oven preheated to 160 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- During cooking, take out a baking sheet 3-4 times and mix the flakes.
- Cool the finished granola completely, store in a glass jar.
- I served with strawberry puree, banana and thick white yogurt. If you like milk, fine, just warm it up lightly and pour in cereal, or use cold. Fresh juice, kefir. Greek yogurt or drinking is all a wonderful base for granola.